What is Lung Cancer? It’s Symptoms and Prevention
Lung cancer is a malignant tumor that starts in the cells of the lung. Malignant means that it can spread, or metastasize, to other parts of the body. When cancer starts in lung cells, it is called primary lung cancer. The lung is a part of the respiratory system. Lungs cancer are divided into non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and small cell lung cancer (SCLC) based on the type of cell in which the cancer started. To get to know more details about lung cancer, you can read or see the whole article, with the help of this article you can easily get the all details regarding the Lung Cancer...
Read More : Click Here to check about Mouth / Oral Cancer
Symptoms & Prevention Of Lung Cancer :
To get to know all the details regarding the lung cancer, such as it's symptoms, Prevention, Treatment or cure, you can read the whole article with the help of this article you can get the all details about lung cancer..All the details about lung cancer are given below..
Symptoms Of the Lung Cancer : There are many symptoms of the lung cancer, which is provided below...
Symptoms of lung cancer that are in the chest :
- Coughing, especially if it persists or becomes intense
- Pain in the chest, shoulder, or back unrelated to pain from coughing
- A change in color or volume of sputum
- Shortness of breath
- Changes in the voice or being hoarse
- Harsh sounds with each breath (stridor)
- Recurrent lung problems, such as bronchitis or pneumonia
- Coughing up phlegm or mucus, especially if it is tinged with blood
- Coughing up blood
Symptoms of lung cancer that may occur elsewhere in the body :
- Loss of appetite or unexplained weight loss
- Muscle wasting (also known as cachexia)
- Headaches, bone or joint pain
- Bone fractures not related to accidental injury
- Neurological symptoms, such as unsteady gait or memory loss
- Neck or facial swelling
- General weakness
- Blood clots
Read More : Click here to check about Skin Cancer
Causes of Lung Cancer : There are many causes from may you get the lung cancer, these causes are given below....
- Smoking cigarettes is the single biggest risk factor for lung cancer. It's responsible for more than 85% of all cases.
- Tobacco smoke contains more than 60 different toxic substances, which can lead to the development of cancer. These substances are known to be carcinogenic (cancer-producing).
- If you smoke more than 25 cigarettes a day, you are 25 times more likely to get lung cancer than a non-smoker.
- Smoking cannabis has also been linked to an increased the risk of lung cancer.
Prevention of Lung Cancer : There are some tips to preventing lung cancer, these are given below, you can read or check these points...
- Don't Smoke : Smoking is the leading cause of lung cancer, which is responsible for 80 to 90 % of lung cancers.
- Check your home for radon : For non-smokers, checking your home for radon is the number one thing you can do for lung cancer prevention.
- Be Careful and aware at work : It's estimated that that up to 29 % of lung cancers in men are related to on the job- Job exposures to cancer causes substances.
- Be Careful and aware at home : Lung cancer prevention is most important at home as well. Chemicals that contribute to lung cancer are found not only at the workplace but may be under your sink or in your garage.
- Do Exercise for lung cancer Prevention : To avoid lung cancer is necessary to do exercise at least twice a week.
Cure or treatment Of the Lung Cancer : There are some treatment of the lung cancer, which is given below...
- Radiation therapy
- Targeted drug Therapy
- Clinical Trials
- Palliative Care
Read More : Click here to check about Cancer