What is Stroke ? it’s Symptoms and Prevention
A Stroke is a "brain attack". It can happen to anyone at any time. Stroke occurs when blood flow to an area of brain is cut off. In this case, Brain cells are deprived of oxygen and begin to die. When brain cells die during a stroke, abilities control by that area of brain such as memory and muscle control are lost. To know more about stroke such as "What is Stroke ? it's Symptoms and Prevention" you can read the whole article carefully, in this article we provided all the details about stroke such as its symptoms , treatments and prevention....
What is Stroke ? it's Symptoms and Prevention
How a Person is affected by their stroke it depends on where the stroke occurs in the brain and how much part of the brain is damaged. Some people recover completely from strokes, but more than 2/3 of people will have some type of disability. Stroke by the numbers are provided below...
Stroke by the Numbers
- Approximately 800,000 people have a stroke each year.
- A Stroke happens every 40 seconds.
- stroke is the fifth leading cause of death in the U.S.
- Every 4 mins people dies from stroke.
- Stroke is the leading cause of adult disability in the U.S.
Types of Stroke : There are three types of Stroke
1.Ischemic stroke :
3.Transient ischemic attacks (TIAs), also referred to as mini-strokes
Symptoms of Stroke : There are some symptoms of stroke are given below you can read these symptoms it will help you to find that you have stroke or not..
- Weakness or numbness of the face, arm, or leg on one side of the body
- Loss of vision or dimming (like a curtain falling) in one or both eyes
- Loss of speech, difficulty talking, or understanding what others are saying
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause
- Loss of balance or unstable walking, usually combined with another symptom
Prevention of Stroke
Identify : Review the risk factors and identify your personal risk.
Reduce your risk factors : Work to reduce your stroke risk through lifestyle changes and take medicine if necessary.
Recognize and Respond : Learn to recognize the signs and symptoms of a stroke by memorizing FAST. Respond to the first sight of stroke and help save lives.
Treatment Of Stroke : If you are a stroke patient then it is very important for you to get immediate medical treatment call 9-1-1. To get sooner treatment you have of stroke is better, immediate treatment may help to reduce your the long-term effects of Stroke.
Drug Treatment : If you are having an ischemic stroke or a stroke that is caused by a blood clot your healthcare professional may recommend to you drug treatment.
Mechanical Devices : Some ischemic strokes are treated with small mechanical devices that remove or break up blood clots. If clot-busting drugs are ruled out, another option one of the many FDA
approved mechanical devices.