What Is Viral Infection ? It’s Symptoms And Preventions
If you know everything about Viral infection, you can read the whole article, in this article we provided all the details about viral infection...
Read More : Click here to check about Bacterial infection
What is Viral Infection ?
A viral Infection is a disease that can be caused by different kind if viruses, of which the influenza-virus is best known. A viral infection can be in different places in the body, some viruses are mainly in the intestine, while others prefer the lung and airways.With a viral infection you usually have a fever etc.
What is virus
Viruses are small particles of genetic material (either DNA or RNA) that are surrounded by a protein coat. Some viruses also have a fatty "envelope" covering. They are incapable of reproducing on their own. Viruses depend on the organisms they infect (hosts) for their very survival. Viruses get a bad rap, but they also perform many important functions for humans, plants, animals, and the environment. For example, some viruses protect the host against other infections.
Causes Of Viral Infection
Virus is refer to be transmitted from one person (or host) to another. Viral infections are contagious for varying periods of time depending on the virus. An incubation period refers to the time between exposure to a virus (or other pathogen) and the emergence of symptoms. The contagious period of a virus is not necessarily the same as the incubation period.
Symptoms Of Viral Infection
The symptoms Of Viral Infection include:
- Muscle aches
Prevention Of Viral Infection
Wash Your Hands. Frequent hand washing helps prevent transmission of illness. A cold virus on your hands can stay alive for up to three hours. If during that time you touch your eyes or nose, you could become infected.
Cure Of Viral Infection
Viral infections are hard to treat because viruses live inside your body's cells. They are "protected" from medicines, which usually move through your bloodstream. Antibiotics do not work for viral infections. There are a few antiviral medicines available.
The treatment of virus infections
- Drinking plenty of water.
- Aking a painkiller, such as paracetamol (eg Panadol) or ibuprofen (eg Nurofen), to bring your temperature down.
- Vaccines have been developed against most viral diseases.
Types Of Viral Infection
1.Skin Viral Infection:
Viral skin infections can range from mild to severe and often produce a rash. Examples of viral skin infections include:
- Herpes Simplex Virus-1(HSV-1) is the common viraus that causes cold sores. It's transmitted through saliva by kissing or sharing food or drink with an infected individual.
- Varicella-Zoster virus(VZV) causes itchy, oozing blisters, fatigue and high fever characteristic of chickenpox.The chickenpox vaccine is 98% effective at preventing infection.
Read More : Click here to check about Infection
2.Food-borne Viral Infection:
Viruses are one of the most common causes of food poisoning. The symptoms of these infections vary depending on the virus involved.
- Hepatitis A is a virus that affects the liver for a few weeks up to several months.
- Rotavirus causes servere, watery diarrhea that can lead to dehydration. Anyone can get rotaviraus, but the illness occurs most often in babies an young children.
3.Sexually Viral Infection:
Sexually transmitted viral infections spread through contact with bodily fluids. Some sexually transmitted infections can also be transmitted via the blood (blood-borne transmission).
- Human immunodeficiency virus(HIV)is a virus that affects certain types of T cells of the immune system. Progression of the infection decreases the body's ability to fight disease and infection, leading to acquired immune deficiency syndrome(AIDS).
4.Viral Infection In Children:
Viral infection is common amid children as compared to adults. This is because, the immune system of a child is not as strong as that of a grown up and hence, the infection persists for a longer duration in their body.
- It is imperative that small babies and children should rest when they are affected with viral infection.
- Parents Should also use hot steam to loosen the mucus in child's nasal passage and chest.
Read More : Click here to check about Virus